Henry Ford was a true living legend. I get to know more about his life by the wisdom shared in the books written by Napoleon Hill.
Henry Ford was the founder of Ford Motors and sponsor of the development of the assembly line technique of mass production. Neither the inventor of the automobile nor the assembly line, using very smart tactic, he developed and manufactured the first automobile that many middle class Americans could afford.
Henry Ford had but little “schooling,” he is not a man of “education.” Those who make this mistake do not know Henry Ford, nor do they understand the real meaning of the word “educate.” That word is derived from the Latin word “educo,” meaning to educe, to draw out, to DEVELOP FROM WITHIN.
A wealthy man with a Master Mind, a genius beyond measures, left his treasure described in words. The next 36 quotes from Henry Ford are the treasure that can show us the way to a true wealth.
1. “If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.”
2. “My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.”
3. “Life is a series of experiences, each one of which makes us bigger, even though sometimes it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and grieves which we endure help us in our marching onward.”
4. “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.”
5. “If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.”
6. “Quality means doing it right when no one is looking.”
7. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.”
8. “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.”
9. “You can’t build a reputation on what you are going to do.”
10.“One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn’t do.”
11.“Enthusiasm is the yeast that makes your hopes shine to the stars. Enthusiasm is the sparkle in your eyes, the swing in your gait. The grip of your hand, the irresistible surge of will and energy to execute your ideas.”
12.“The man who will use his skill and constructive imagination to see how much he can give for a dollar, instead of how little he can give for a dollar, is bound to succeed.”
13.“A business absolutely devoted to service will have only one worry about profits. They will be embarrassingly large.”
14.“An idealist is a person who helps other people to be prosperous.”
15. “It is not the employer who pays the wages. Employers only handle the money. It is the customer who pays wages.”
16.“Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it.”
17.“You will find men who want to be carried on the shoulders of others, who think that the world owes them a living. They don’t seem to see that we must all lift together and pull together.”
18.“There is joy in work. There is no happiness except in the realization that we have accomplished something.”
19.“It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste.”
20.“The competitor to be feared is one who never bothers about you at all, but goes on making his own business better all the time.”
21.“A bore is a person who opens his mouth and puts his feats in it.”
22.“Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs.”
23.“You can’t learn in school what the world is going to do next year.”
24.“If there is any one secret of success, it lies in the ability to get the other person’s point of view and see things from that person’s angle as well as from your own.”
25.“I am looking for a lot of men who have an infinite capacity to not know what can’t be done.”
26.“Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.”
27.“There is no man living that cannot do more than he thinks he can.”
28.“Whatever you have, you must either use or lose.”
29.“We don’t want tradition. We want to live in the present and the only history that is worth a tinker’s dam is the history we make today.”
30.“As we advance in life we learn the limits of our abilities.”
31.“The highest use of capital is not to make more money, but to make money do more for the betterment of life.”
32.“I do not believe a man can ever leave his business. He ought to think of it by day and dream of it by night.”
33.“There are no big problems; there are just a lot of little problems.”
34.“Wealth, like happiness, is never attained when sought after directly. It comes as a by-product of providing a useful service.”
35.“History is more or less bunk.”
36.“What’s right about America is that although we have a mess of problems, we have great capacity – intellect and resources – to do something about them.”
This is the true richness. It’s being able to form a character by words of knowledge, instead of direct impact of money and luxury. Everything that’s worth takes time.
Buckle up, and by using the words above, be prepared to take every little bit of happiness in your life.
Become a VIP member now and start FREE Trial. The VIP Content will shift your life 180 degrees almost instantly!
You’ll be able to read the best articles online from self-help coaches around the world, access life-changing courses and if you join now, you'll get the 7 Days Personalized Transformation Challenge straight to your mailbox! If you don’t want to be happier, fulfilled, and wealthy in every sphere of your life the VIP membership is not for you!