Quotes are our fastest way of daily inspiration.
If we feel a void throughout the day, we have to reminisce of the beautiful words our ancestors and still living legends left for us.
As one of my favorite quoting messiah, Gautama Buddha words of wisdom can be found everywhere.
His words are so global and authentic, that we could fit his words in every problem.
For example, his quote: “Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship” can fit in every struggle we’re having. It feels like short enormous revelation.
The next 33 life changing quotes from the messiah will instantly improve your mood and give you a short delay of revelation.
1. “Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.”
2. “Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.”
3. “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.”
4. “Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.”
5. “Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”
6. “We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.”
7. “The tongue like a sharp knife… Kills without drawing blood.”
8. “However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them?”
9. “You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.”
10. “To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one’s family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one’s own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.”
11. “No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.”
12. “Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.”
13. “There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.”
“The mind is everything. What you think you become.”
14. “To keep the body in good health is a duty… otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.”
15. “It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.”
16. “Just as a candle cannot burn without fire, men cannot live without a spiritual life.”
17. “Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.”
18. “Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.”
19. “In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.”
20. “To be idle is a short road to death and to be diligent is a way of life; foolish people are idle, wise people are diligent.”
21. “You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.”
22. “I never see what has been done; I only see what remains to be done.”
23. “It is a man’s own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.”
24. “Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill.”
25. “It is better to travel well than to arrive.”
26. “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”
27. ”Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.”
28. “Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others.”
29. “Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue.”
30. “I do not believe in a fate that falls on men however they act; but I do believe in a fate that falls on them unless they act.”
31. “Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely.”
32. “He who loves 50 people has 50 woes; he who loves no one has no woes.”
33. “Virtue is persecuted more by the wicked than it is loved by the good.”