Psychology is the study of the mind and behavior. The discipline embraces all aspects of the human experience — from the functions of the brain to the actions of nations, from child development to care for the aged.
In every conceivable setting from scientific research centers to mental healthcare services, “the understanding of behavior” is the enterprise of psychologists.
In the next 25 psychological facts we will share few human behavior tricks and insights of the human nature that I’m 100% sure you weren’t aware of.
1. Humans can live longer without food than they can without sleep.
2. Even small noises can make your pupils dilate.
3. By age 60, you will have lost half of your taste buds.
4. If saliva cannot dissolve something, you cannot taste it.
5. Your brain and your stomach are in constant contact with each other which is why some emotions affect our stomachs physically, especially distress.
6. Since the existence of the internet, fewer people claim to be religious.
7. Chewing gum helps your memory to receive a higher test score.
8. The color purple or more specifically ‘lavender’ creates a soothing effect. It is also a great color to have for your bed spreads.
9. Your Short Term Memory is an actual store in your brain, although it has a much more limited capacity than expected- it lasts approximately 20 seconds and can process five to nine things at one time.
10. Red makes anyone more sexually attractive, but i learned that wearing bluemakes men especially more attractive to women.
11. Almost 70,000 thoughts a day hit the average human mind.
12. On average it takes 66 days to form a habit.
13. If someone makes eye contact with you for 60% of a conversation they’re bored, 80% and they’re attracted to you and 100% of the time then they are threatening you.
14. Excessive stress can alter brain cells, structure and function.
15. The sense of falling involved in a dream actually comes from the brain falling asleep too fast and assuming it is dying. The sensation is essentially the brain giving itself an AED.
16. If you fake a smile, even when you’re in a bad mood, that smile will help you feel better and therefore make you happy.
17. Men are attracted to women with clear skin, bright big eyes, rosy lips, and lustrous hair because they are indicators of health and an optimal partner for reproduction.
18. When you yawn and someone else yawns right after it means they were watching you and\or are attracted to you.
19. When focusing hard on a task, the human brain will completely block out other things going on, even if it’s right in front of them. It’s called selective attention.
20. Brains in some individuals produce more chemicals compared to others; this is why some people are considered more emotional than others.
21. Our reflex reactions aren’t controlled by the brain but by the spinal cord. Nerves that run up and down the spine control what the body does when in need of an instantaneous, lightning fast action like pulling away from something too hot.
22. Smells of family members are similar. This is why the average person does not find family members to be attractive; it’s nature’s way of decreasing genetic mutations.
23. Besides being sexually appealing, red is also an aggressive color that causes people to appear more intimidating.
24. According Furnham & Chamoro-Premuzic (2004), certain personality traits can be significant predictors of a person’s academic average. In fact, conscientious introverts who are not very open minded tend to have an higher average in stats than others.
25. There is no sense of pain within the brain itself. This fact allows neurosurgeons to probe areas of the brain while the patient is awake. Feedback from the patient during these probes is useful for identifying important regions, such as those for speech, that are spared if possible.
In case to grant knowledge of the following scientifically proven ways to dominate people without saying a word, we have to practice the “shortcuts”.