How do we define spirituality?
Let’s go with this definition “a set of beliefs and practices related to the issue of what exists beyond the visible world, generally including the idea of the existence of a being, group of beings, an external principle or a transcendent spiritual entity.”
Now, some people see religion as the manifestation of ones spirituality, yet a person can be spiritual without being religious. A person can also be the other way around; “religious” in performing certain actions, and yet not focus on the underlying principles of spirituality.
Let’s separate both, religion and spirituality, and elevate our well-being up with the wisdom below!
1. Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive because your words become your behaviors. Keep your behaviors positive because your behaviors become your habits. Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny. – Mahatma Gandhi
2. If you want to awaken all of humanity, then awaken all of yourself, if you want to eliminate the suffering in the world, then eliminate all that is negative in yourself. Truly, the greatest gift you have to give is that of your own self-transformation. – Lao Tzu
3. If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought. – Peace Pilgrim
4. Soon the child’s clear eye is clouded over by ideas and opinions, preconceptions and abstractions. Simple free being becomes encrusted with the burdensome armor of the ego. Not until years later does an instinct come that a vital sense of mystery has been withdrawn. The sun glints through the pines, and the heart is pierced in a moment of beauty and strange pain, like a memory of paradise. After that day, we become seekers. – Peter Matthiessen
5. He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened. – Tao Te Ching
6. The spiritual journey is individual, highly personal. It can’t be organized or regulated. It isn’t true that everyone should follow one path. Listen to your own truth. – Ram Dass
7. A person does not have to be behind bars to be a prisoner. People can be prisoners of their own concepts and ideas. They can be slaves to their own selves. – Maharaji
8. Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it. – Rumi
9. You may believe that you are responsible for what you do, but not for what you think. The truth is that you are responsible for what you think, because it is only at this level that you can exercise choice. What you do comes from what you think. – Marianne Williamson
10. See if you can catch yourself complaining in either speech or thought, about a situation you find yourself in, what other people do or say, your surroundings, your life situation, even the weather. To complain is always nonacceptance of what is. It invariably carries an unconscious negative charge. When you complain, you make yourself a victim. Leave the situation or accept it. All else is madness. – Eckhart Tolle
11. True intelligence operates silently. Stillness is where creativity and solutions to problems are found. – Eckhart Tolle
12. There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way. – Gautama Buddha
13. Since you alone are responsible for your thoughts, only you can change them. You will want to change them when you realize that each thought creates according to its own nature. Remember that the law works at all times and that you are always demonstrating according to the kind of thoughts you habitually entertain. Therefore, start now to think only those thoughts that will bring you health and happiness. – Paramahansa Yogananda
14. Realize that now, in this moment of time, you are creating. You are creating your next moment based on what you are feeling and thinking. That is what’s real. – Doc Childre
15. People only see what they are prepared to see. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
16. We are not human beings on a spiritual journey. We are spiritual beings on a human journey. – Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
17. Your soul mission is your reason for being, your life purpose. It’s your calling in life–who you feel called to be, what you feel called to do. Mission is an energy that flows through you–a drive, voice, or passion that you cannot ignore… It’s what you know in your heart you must live if you are to experience inner peace and harmony. – Alan Seale
18. If you could only keep quiet, clear of memories and expectations, you would be able to discern the beautiful pattern of events. Its your restlessness that causes chaos. – Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
19. The oak sleeps in the acorn; the bird waits in the egg; and in the highest vision of the soul a waking angel stirs. – James Allen
20. People travel to wonder at the height of the mountains, at the huge waves of the seas, at the long course of the rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the stars, and yet they pass by themselves without wondering. – St. Augustine
21. The only devils in this world are those running around inside our own hearts, and that is where all our battles should be fought. – Mahatma Gandhi
22. If you judge people, you have no time to love them.- Mother Teresa
23. If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. – Dalai Lama
24. At any moment, you have a choice, that either leads you closer to your spirit or further away from it. – Thich Nhat Hanh
25. Every thought, action, decision or feeling creates an eddy in the interlocking, interbalancing, ever-moving energy fields of life, leaving a permanent record for all of time. This realization can be intimidating when it first dawns on us, but it becomes a springboard for rapid evolution. – David R. Hawkins
26. You move totally away from reality when you believe that there is a legitimate reason to suffer. – Byron Katie
27. You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love. – Henry Drummond
28. When our actions create discord in another person, we, ourselves, in this lifetime or another, will feel that discord. Likewise, if our actions create harmony and empowerment in another, we also come to feel that harmony and empowerment. – Gary Zukav
29. Never limit your view of life by any past experience. – Ernest Holmes
30. Bring into play the almighty power within you, so that on the stage of life you can fulfill your high destined role. – Paramahansa Yogananda
31. The authentic self is the soul made visible.- Sarah Ban Breathnach
32. A man is what he thinks all day long. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
33. Perception is not passive; it is an act of creation. Your choice of perception forms not only how you experience yourself, but your entire reality. – Story Waters
Become a VIP member now and start FREE Trial. The VIP Content will shift your life 180 degrees almost instantly!
You’ll be able to read the best articles online from self-help coaches around the world, access life-changing courses and if you join now, you'll get the 7 Days Personalized Transformation Challenge straight to your mailbox! If you don’t want to be happier, fulfilled, and wealthy in every sphere of your life the VIP membership is not for you!