In the new video Russell Brand was forced to defend his position on the one minute’s silence for the victim’s of the Tunisia beach massacre to a man who lost two friends in the attack.
Van driver Rob knew Adrian and Patrick Evans who lost both their lives in the attack on June 26.
Last week, activist and actor Russell Brand described the one minute’s silence to remember the victims on Friday as “complete bullsh*t”.
In that original video, Russell claimed that the UK government is hypocritical to honor the Sousse victims at the same time as engaging in the arms trade and “carrying out foreign wars on behalf of corporations”, and the 40-year-old reiterated that stance here.
In the encounter which was filmed and broadcast on Brand’s YouTube channel, Rob asked:
“I lost two people I know in the tragedy. I just wanted to ask you a question: what you meant behind your comments regarding the minute’s silence?”
The way Russell Brand says this confirms his biased answer towards the one minute silence.
“Our government’s got loads of countries, it has a human rights abusers list, where it says these countries are dangerous countries, you shouldn’t go there, they’re dodgy, there’s dangerous terrorists there. And then our actual government helps arms companies to sell weaponry to those countries.
If you really care about this and the situation, then don’t sell weapons to these countries – don’t arm them, or if you think business is more important that people’s lives, just sell the weapons and shut up.”
Video from: Russell Brand