The Egg – WARNING! This Story will BLOW YOUR MIND to a Whole New Level!

Yes. It is true. The story I am about to tell you will be probably one of THE BEST short stories you’ll read in your life. I have no doubt about that.

How I know this?

Well..

I’ll let you read it right now and you let me know if I’m wrong, ok?

Ok.

The Egg

You have died.

You were on your way home when you died.

It was a car accident, nothing particularly remarkable, but fatal nonetheless. You left behind a wife and two children. It was a painless death. The EMTs tried their best to save you but to no avail. Your body was so utterly shattered you were better off, trust me.

And that’s when you met me.

“What.. What happened?” You asked. “Where am I?”

“You died” I said, matter-of-factly. No point in mincing words.

“There was a.. a truck and it was skidding…”

“Yup.” I said.

“I.. I died?”

“Yup, but don’t feel bad about it. Everyone dies.” I said.

You looked around. There was nothingness. Just you and me. “What is this place?” You asked. “Is this the afterlife?”

“More or less.” I said.

“Are you God?” You asked.

“Yup.” I replied. “I am God.”

“My kids.. my wife,” You said.

“What about them?”

“Will they be alright?”

“That’s what I like to see,” I said. “..you just died and your main concern is your family. That’s good stuff right there.”

You looked at me with fascination.

To you I didn’t look like God. I just looked like some man or possibly a woman. Some vague authority figure, maybe. More of a grammar school teacher than the almighty.

“Don’t worry.” I said. “They’ll be fine. Your kids will remember you as perfect in every way. They didn’t have time to grow contempt for you. Your wife will cry on the outside, but be secretly relieved. To be fair, your marriage was falling apart. If it’s any consolation, she’ll feel very guilty for feeling relieved.”

“Oh,” You said. “.. so what happens now? Do I go to heaven or hell or something?”

“Neither.” I said. “You’ll be reincarnated.”

“Ah,” You said. “.. So the Hindus were right.”

“All religions are right in their own way,” I said. “.. walk with me.”

You followed along as we strode through the void.

“Where are we going?”

“Nowhere in particular,” I said. “.. It’s just nice to walk while we talk.”

“So what’s the point, then?” You asked. “When I get reborn, I’ll just be a blank slate, right? A baby. So all my experiences and everything I did in this life won’t matter.”

“Not so!” I said. “You have within you all the knowledge and experiences of all past lives. You just don’t remember them right now.”

I stopped walking and took you by the shoulders.

“Your soul is more magnificent, beautiful, and gigantic than you can possibly imagine. A human mind can only contain a tiny fraction of what you are. It’s like sticking your finger in a glass of water to see if it’s hot or cold. You put a tiny part of yourself into the vessel, and when you bring it back out, you’ve gained all the experiences it had.”

“You’ve been in a human for the last 48 years, so you haven’t stretched out yet and felt the rest of your immense consciousness. If we hung out here for a long enough, you’d start remembering everything. But there’s no point to doing that between each life.”

“How many times have I been reincarnated, then?”

“Oh lots. Lots and lots. An in to lots of different lives.” I said. “This time around, you’ll be a Chinese peasant girl in 540 AD.”

“Wait, what?” You stammered. “You’re sending me back in time?”

“Well, I guess technically. Time, as you know it, only exists in your Universe. Things are different where I come from.”

“Where you come from?” You said.

“Oh sure,” I explained. “.. I come from somewhere. Somewhere else. And there are others like me. I know you’ll want to know what it’s like there, but honestly you wouldn’t understand.”

“Oh,” you said, a little let down. “.. but wait. If I get reincarnated to other places in time, I could have interacted with myself at some point.”

“Sure. Happens all the time. And with both lives only aware of their own lifespan you don’t even know it’s happening.”

“So what’s the point of it all?”

“Seriously?” I asked. “Seriously? You are asking me for the meaning of life? Isn’t that a little stereotypical?”

“Well it’s a reasonable question,” You persisted.

I looked you in the eye.

“The meaning of life, the reason I made this Whole Universe, is for YOU to mature.”

“You mean mankind? You want us to mature?”

“No, just YOU. I made this Whole Universe for YOU. With each new life YOU grow and mature and become a larger and greater intellect.”

“Just me? What about everyone else?”

“There is no one else,” I said. “.. in This Universe, there’s just YOU and ME.”

You stared blankly at me. “But all the people on Earth…”

“All you. Different incarnations of YOU.”

“Wait. I’m everyone!?”

“Now you’re getting it,” I said, with a congratulatory slap on the back.

“I’m every human being who ever lived?”

“Or who will ever live, yes.”

“I’m Abraham Lincoln?”

“I’m Hitler?” You said, appalled.

“And you are the millions he killed.”

“I’m Jesus?”

“And you’re everyone who followed him.”

You fell silent.

“Every time you victimized someone,” I said, “.. You were victimizing yourself. Every act of kindness you’ve done, you’ve done to yourself. Every happy and sad moment ever experienced by any human was, or will be, experienced by YOU.”

You thought for a long time.

“Why?” You asked me. “Why do all this?”

“Because someday, YOU will become like me. Because that’s what you are. You’re one of my kind. You’re my child.”

“Whoa,” you said, incredulous. “You mean I’m a god?”

“No. Not yet. You’re a fetus. You’re still growing. Once you’ve lived every human life throughout all time, you will have grown enough to be born.”

“So the Whole Universe,” You said, “.. it’s just…”

“An egg.” I answered. “Now it’s time for you to move on to your next life.”

And I sent you on your way.

By: Andy Weir

Conclusion

The feeling you feel right now like you are levitating over yourself that’s your mind being blown. Elevated. You’ve Ascended to a whole new level.

I wish you have a mirror right now to see your face.

And yes, it is inevitable to think about this when you meet someone else.

You will start questioning yourself “Can my mother, or my brother, my kid, my wife, my best friend, all be me?” You’ll think of this when you talk with them.

You’ll start questioning even more, “Can this sexy waitress, or Leonardo DiCaprio, or Ghandi, all those terrorists, politicians, soldiers who died in wars, my boss.. could all of them be really ME?”

But that’s ok.

Question. Question everything and everyone.

Start seeing The Universe through this prism. Start seeing The World and everyone in it with this eye.

Imagine if we all saw each other like this. As one.

So what if this is just a story, it’s the story we believe in that matters. And maybe it’s time to change the story and accept new one. A story which will make The World a better place.

It’s not which story is true. ALL OF THEM ARE.

It’s which story makes YOU a better person. A GOD.

P.S. When I think about it, YOU wrote this text for yourself.

Image: source

1. Diego Favarini

July 22, 2015 at 10:00 PM

Obrigado!

2. Vanisha

July 22, 2015 at 10:40 PM

Ahhh I love this! So cleverly written, expresses life so well!

3. Joren Chongčić

July 23, 2015 at 12:48 AM

dude, seriously, i somehow knew this already sometime ago, i got the chills when i read it, not because of your story, but that i knew that you and i are me …
    i am not the only one who thinks this, we are a quanta, all here and nowhere, all copy of one, to experience and learn all possible propability!

• TheresaR

September 9, 2015 at 8:30 PM

Yes, I agree, Joren.

• devi pillai

July 15, 2016 at 5:55 PM

I too. I had a deja vu feeling while reading it…

4. Benjamin Franklin Granger

July 23, 2015 at 4:27 AM

Have you read a dweller on two planets?

5. Corin Price

July 23, 2015 at 8:01 AM

That was an amazing story!

6. SilverHawk

July 23, 2015 at 9:28 AM

good story but it’s not truly right but really good story and i really hate reincarnation i mean you lived a whole life and you just keep on doing that it’s so pointless.

7. Såúrâbh Krîpláñï

July 23, 2015 at 10:02 AM

loved it ^_^ 🙂

8. Vince Busch

July 23, 2015 at 10:25 AM

So you are me – looks like you’re getting on just fine man…

9. Nikki Lee

July 23, 2015 at 5:14 PM

I like it, but it probably would have blown my mind more if you didn’t say “Also, this story will blow your mind to a whole new level, it will ascend your thinking and you will never think of life in the same way again.” beforehand.

It’s like saying “Hey this is the funniest joke in the world and will make you laugh hysterically for hours” before you tell a joke. People will “brace themselves”, and it lessens the impact.

10. Caroline

July 23, 2015 at 8:38 PM

AMAZING heheheh i laughed and laughed and laughed thanks so much !!! 🙂 spot on !

11. Christopher Gorlitz

July 28, 2015 at 9:55 PM

There is a great video on YouTube called
    We Are From the Future, there is 2 versions
    one is like 3 1/2 minutes & the other is just over 7 minutes… mind blower

12. Marabou-Creole

July 30, 2015 at 4:46 AM

There is a glitch in the matrix. If one person if a multitude of “you” with simultaneous experiences. Doesn’t that mean the same you all the “lifetimes” at once. At the same time he was a was a 48 years old married man he was somehow that “Asian peasant girl” in parallel.

God created us (me) so we can later become like him/her as we (I) grow, but the question remains “who created god?”

• Nikola Gjakovski

August 9, 2015 at 4:07 PM

I like your overview :)You have the power to question 🙂

• Marabou-Creole

August 13, 2015 at 2:01 AM

thank you…but…where is the elaboration since I was promised a “mind-blown” after reading your story…article? dissertation? recorded dream? …man

• TheresaR

September 9, 2015 at 8:32 PM

Read Seth by Jane Roberts for clear information on probable and parallel selves and the true nature of time. Time, as we know it, is a man-made construct.

13. nile

August 10, 2015 at 5:22 AM

good story.

but if you have a soul…. then who are YOU? That feeling of I Am, me… Cannot be your soul! so YOU are not real, in the absolute sense. a biological AI unit, entrusted with something very precious. turn off this AI unit, and then what’s left, is your soul.

you are given clues in all of nature. example the duality of light. wave and particle. soul and body. there are many more. the cosmos is a giant sign post for every observer… no need for the word of Man.

it’s all a projection.

meanwhile, the soul has yet to be born. hahaha… that’s what enlightenment is. birth. the body is the womb. Just a vessel to hold the soul. each separate life is a successive day in the womb for the soul.

your role in this is to help that process happen. to induce labour. to sever the umbilical chord. samathi and wipassana is the knife.

This process cannot happen any other way, and you must be the one to separate soul and body during your life time to avoid being reincarnated, as it’s only when the soul is born, the next level of your evolution can begin.

cool stuff, but don’t get hung up on the theory. it can’t be explained in words. really it can’t. just do, if you want to see for yourself.

or… be a spiritual armchair tourist and read about other people’s adventures. 5555

do, to succeed.

14. nile

August 10, 2015 at 5:33 AM

good story.

it’s all a projection.

cool stuff, but don’t get hung up on the theory. it can’t be explained in words. just do, if you want to see for yourself. or… be a spiritual tourist and read about other people’s adventures. 5555

do, to succeed.

15. Daniel Alan Goodman

August 10, 2015 at 9:35 AM

I think the “hey, look at me” dulled the the text.

16. Chad

September 3, 2015 at 7:30 PM

This is ridiculous and did not blow my mind because it is a bunch of BS in my opinion…. I just felt like I wasted moments of my life.

• sylvie

November 18, 2016 at 7:18 PM

totally haha

17. TheresaR

September 9, 2015 at 6:40 PM

I have seen the world through this prism, before, over 20 years ago. I entertained the thought and shared it with a friend, who entertained the thought with me for a while, an hour or so. But then I decided it was “too far out” for where my life was, and let the mindset fly away. It is so lovely to encounter it again, so well thought out and beautifully written. Thank you. I accept the mind release you offered so eloquently.

18. Neo

July 15, 2016 at 6:58 AM

I’m going to share this, with myself. Everywhere.

19. Sarvopama

July 15, 2016 at 7:27 AM

Just like Groundhog Day. We have to keep doing it over until we get it just right. Only then can we surrender and go all the way home.

20. Juan Pablo

July 15, 2016 at 8:10 AM

Excelent.Respect to the autor.

now

any of those who feel this story as one’s story, should try to reach a mexican book, from the autor Pablo Hawnser, he is one of those lucky person who has been visited by an foreing civilization, and they respond to every question he had, including the Spirit And Soul mechanics, he book its call LA RESPUESTA or in english THE ANSWER

21. shaik shoyab

July 15, 2016 at 10:04 AM

it is very good story.

22. sylvie

November 18, 2016 at 7:17 PM

WHY do people have a need to have some sort of MEANING attached to existence?
    There is no meaning and yet to keep on living happily- that is the task. 🙂
    This is the most difficult idea to understand to those that are not very aware.
    There is no meaning, there is no gods, we are nothing but a meaningless flicker in the Universe.
    It’s not bad, it is good! To free yourself from the weight of searching for the meaning, detach from dogma, gods, ideologies- look around- all they cause is harm and suffering.
    Let it all go- be nice and just enjoy the ride! <3

23. Judi

November 18, 2016 at 8:01 PM

What is this theory called? I contemplated this occasionally back in the 60s. It struck me as so far beyond possibility that I disregarded it at the time. It somehow feels very possible to me now. Thank you for the reminder.

24. Erick

November 28, 2016 at 6:05 AM

I wrote this as you… Now I am reading it as me

25. Sean

July 15, 2017 at 8:00 PM

“Once you’ve lived every human life throughout all time, you will have grown enough to be born.”
    If Time is irrelevant then wouldnt I have already lived every human life throughout all of time….. Just saying…