SELF-IMPROVEMENT

9 Things You Realize After You Die

Three weeks after he died, my brother Billy woke me at sunrise and began describing what was happening to him in the afterlife. At first I thought that grief was causing me to imagine his voice. But as my brother began sharing cosmic secrets with me, secrets I couldn’t ignore, I became his student.

Billy taught me that when you’re born, that big pop gives you a kind of amnesia. One of the main things we’re doing on planet earth is trying to remember the things we forgot. But after you die, you realize a bunch of things you didn’t know when you were alive, like:

1. Life on earth isn’t a punishment for your past transgressions.  You aren’t acting out some type of I-did-something-wrong-to-you-in-another-life-and-I’m-paying-for-it-now kind of thing. It doesn’t really work like that. That concept of an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth karmic equalizing of the score isn’t the real deal.

2. You chose your life circumstances before you were born for soul-type reasons that are almost impossible to understand while you’re on earth. If you understood these reasons, life would lose some of its punch, and that losing of punch is a little bit of what enlightenment is all about.

3. Everything changes. When you die, you realize how much. You also realize there are immortal things, things you take with you, and they change too. The Eastern concept of Maya, or illusion, what does that really mean? It means temporary.

4. Life is great, even the hard parts. And we all do things that we call mistakes. But so-called mistakes are ok. They’re just part of the earth deal.

5. You’re meant to engage in all kinds of things on earth, things that may not make sense from a human point of view. So, take a moment before you judge yourself or your fellow man too harshly. Being completely non-judgmental while you’re alive is very advanced, though. You’d have to be a Buddha to be that advanced.

6. There isn’t only one right way for things to turn out. Some endings are happier, some not so happy, but it’s not just the happiness percentage that matters. It’s the music of it.

7. Society teaches limitation. No matter what you’ve been taught, everything you ever need is already inside you. And who you really are is far beyond your comprehension. That’s why living squeezed into the human experience can be painful at times.

8. At the center of everything is an energy, an immaterial material called LOVE. Wow, and how good it feels, this LOVE. You can’t imagine it. You really can’t. There is no way for you to experience the full power of LOVE while you’re on this plane. .

9. Death isn’t as serious as you think it is. It’s actually very enjoyable. Couldn’t be better really. And saying goodbye to the people you love isn’t as serious as it seems either, because you will meet again.

Originally taken from – The Afterlife of Billy Fingers: How My Bad-Boy Brother Proved to Me There’s Life After Death, Kagan shares the extraordinary story of her after death communications (ADC) with her brother Billy, who began speaking to her just weeks after his unexpected death.

By Annie Kagan on Omtimes

1. Sylvia Willingham

March 3, 2016 at 12:28 AM

Thank you so much for that, my Daughter was murdered, she was the sweetest soul I know and this gave me some peace

• Nikola

March 3, 2016 at 2:18 PM

I am deeply sorry to hear that… and I am really glad you were here to read this! Thank you!!

2. Mike Shaw

March 3, 2016 at 7:51 AM

I had an experience 2o years ago which totally changed my life, I was visited by a female being behind which was the brightest light I have ever seen and from which emanated the most intense feeling of love I have ever known, even though this was happening in my minds eye the brightness of the light made me screw up my eyes. This being then spoke to me about my life, as she spoke I thought to myself “what the hell is this” and opened my eyes but she was still there. Whatever this was, when she left and the “love” feeling vanished it left me feeling very sad, I wanted it back so much. I have never had anything like this since and doubt I will until I die but what she told me took away all fear of death and I am looking forward to mine.

• Nikola

March 3, 2016 at 2:19 PM

Wow, this was inspirational with a tiny bit of ‘bizarre’ in it! I am glad it helped you overcome the fear of death!

3. Truth hurts

March 4, 2016 at 9:18 AM

What you described are all Hindu concepts like Maya, reincarnation, consciousness, realization and human already has knowledge, which he/she recover during learning process. Nothing new.

4. Bob James Dutrow

April 26, 2016 at 11:47 AM

I died after 4 hours of surgery and was out of here for 9 minutes as documented by the doctor and nurse; this is important so listen….I choose to return to this life knowing it was an illusion….why,because it’s important to eternity what we do with our life and also to humanity when we share our peace. I promise you dying is joyful and personal…I didn’t see any god or angels but a god spoke to me and asked if I wanted to continue into the light or return…I made the right choice for me;it wasn’t easy because the being emersed in love can not be surpassed but I know that love will be there when I do go.

5. neil price

February 2, 2017 at 3:52 AM

i had a life changing experience during a 7 hour operation. ….i havent looked back since…….. i had up untill then led a bit of a wild party life. drinking smoking etc. but i never wanted to return to that life instantly afterwards……..i find peace through animals and nature. …… i await the afterlife. as i know its there. i saw it, but chose to come back……..all lost loved ones including pets are there waiting for you.