SELF-IMPROVEMENT

11 Signs That Your Soul Has Reincarnated Many Times Before

When we understand reincarnation as the maturation process, or evolution, of soulful energy, it follows that some of us have intuitively experienced different things in our lives that reflect on the age of the energy known as our souls.

It is commonly believed that many of our personal characteristics, experiences and capabilities in this life reflect on whether we have lived before on earth. It is thought that the more we mature, the more gifted we are in certain areas of life and the more frequently we have ‘spiritual’ experiences.

The truth is that all of us have most likely reincarnated, however some of us have gone through this cycle more than others and therefore experience many of the following characteristics:

1. Recurring Dreams

Dreams are reflections of the unconscious mind, and while repetitive dreams may sometimes signify trauma, fear or issues that your brain is trying to process (“unfinished business”), repetitive dreams can also potentially be reflections of past life experiences. Many people claim to have experienced certain events, seen particular people or gone to specific places frequently in their dreams that feel very familiar, and somehow recognizable.

For example, I often have recurring dreams of a 15th century castle that I have a distinct feeling of knowing very well, yet I have never seen or been to this castle before in waking life.

2. Out-of-place Memories

There are many recorded instances of young children who have out-of-place memories that later prove to be oddly accurate in detail. While out-of-place memories could be due to simple fantasies, misunderstandings or an incongruency in the ability to remember, there is mounting evidence that suggests out-of-place memories could reveal connections to past lives.

3. You Have a Strong Intuition

Intuition is the ability to balance the conscious and unconscious mind and to tap into our deeper wellsprings of primal wisdom and innate knowledge. It is said that the more we soulfully mature, the more we are closer to returning to the ‘source’ (known also as nirvana, eternity, oneness) from which our Souls come from, and from which the collective unconscious – a body of universal knowledge – exists.

4. Déjà vu

We’ve all experienced déjà vu before at some point in our lives.  It’s that bizarre feeling that somehow we have already experienced or lived a moment in time before. Often déjà vu comes spontaneously, and is triggered by smells, sounds, sights, tastes and various other sensations. While some claim that déjà vu is a neurological dissonance, others claim that déjà vu reflects the possibility of other dimensions (i.e. parallel universes), and still others believe it is revealing of past life experience.

5. You’re an Empath

Empaths absorb the emotions, and in some instances the physical pains, of those around them literally empathizing, or directly feeling and experiencing what others experience. While identifying as an Empath and absorbing the emotions of others could be seen in some instances as a psychological form of avoidance to bypass one’s own problems and pin the blame on others, in other genuine cases it can be seen as a sign of a soul that has undergone many previous reincarnations and has refined to the point of transcending the individual self and it’s problems, extending to others as well.

6. Precognition

Also known as ‘future sight’ or ‘second sight’, precognition is the ability to obtain information about future events that isn’t usually available. Precognition can be experienced through visions, physical sensations and feelings as well as in dreams. While considered quasi-scientific by some, to others precognition is a very real experience and could indicate the maturation of soulful energy.

7. Retrocognition

You probably guessed it!  Retrocognition is the opposite of the above precognition, and refers to the ability to obtain information not usually available about past events.  These past events could be in your own lifetime, or sometime in the distant past.  Of course, retrocognition unlike precognition is not easy to prove or verify, however, for those who have genuinely experienced it (and have been able to honestly verify it), this ability could also be a sign of soulful reincarnation.

8. You Feel Older Than Your Age Reflects

Some people are perpetually “young at heart” even into their later lives, and in the same manner,  some people just seem to have been born with “Old Souls”. The experience of feeling older than your age reflects is commonly associated with having reincarnated many times over and this is echoed in the “Soul Age” theory where there is a certain progression of soulful development: from Infant Souls, to Awakened Souls. For example: if you have reincarnated few times on earth, this would be reflected in the age of your energy, and in this life you will display many primitive and child-like characteristics. If, however, your soulful energy has reincarnated many times over, you will display many matured and wizened characteristics. If you feel older than your age reflects you might be a Mature or Old Soul.  You can read more about Old Souls in depth here.

9. You Have a Great Affinity for Certain Cultures/Time Periods/Environments

It is said that having a great, unexplainable attraction for certain cultures or time periods is a kind of past life “residue” reminiscent of a certain place, culture or environment that your soul may have experienced in past lives. For instance, you may have an inexplicable affinity to Asian culture, Celtic artifacts, or the 19th century.

10. Unexplainable Fears or Phobias

As touched on in the last point, many believe that certain memories or experiences can pass on or leave “residues” in our childhoods and adulthood’s from past lives.  Whether this is true, or is simply a form of problem bypassing, many believe that we can experience the echoes of past traumas in our own lifetimes in the form of unexplainable fears and phobias. Examples can include:  the fear of drowning, the fear of certain types of animals, the fear of certain places, the fear of particular numbers, colors, objects, and so forth.

11. You Feel as Though this Earth Is Not Your Home

The yearning to find your ‘home’ can be seen as a reflection of the desire to return back to the source (oneness, consciousness, divinity). Many people feel this yearning to be reminiscent of an athlete running a long race and longing to reach the ‘finish line’. In the same manner, Souls that have reincarnated many times over express this basic need for finally completing the cycle and returning home. Feeling that this earth is not your home is often accompanied by chronic feelings of tiredness and wariness for life on earth.

Could you relate to any of these signs?  Do you have any of your own to share?  I hope, if anything, this article could offer you another doorway of explanation for what you experience in life.  Reincarnation is a mysterious topic, and I’d love if you could share your own experiences with past lives below.

Originally shared on Loner Wolf by Aletheia Luna

1. Pat

April 8, 2016 at 3:17 PM

I have always had this connection with the 1940’s, though I wasn’t born until 1954. If I hear music from that era, I cry, or want to…..I would see my mother’s clothes when I was young, and get emotional. My mother could never understand why I had so much feeling about that time, and still do. I still look at pictures of that era, and get emotional, like I’m searching for something.

2. Noo

June 12, 2016 at 10:52 PM

For many years I had a vague sense, almost a memory, of medieval life in a monastery. It was particularly stirred up when I looked at medieval art, sculpture, religious items and illuminated manuscripts in a museum. I eventually underwent a past life regression hypnotherapy session and recalled quite a lot of this past life, in late 15th century/early 16th century England. A lot of my current feelings, ideas and interests make sense in terms of what I would have experienced in the past life.

3. Jessie Duckett

January 30, 2017 at 7:44 AM

I Certainly feel like this world is not my home, I have felt that way since I was a child, I prayed very much as a child, as much as I do today. I would tell people sometimes that I feel like I am an alien. And yes I have had dreams over and over, especially the ones with the ability to fly.

4. neil price

February 1, 2017 at 1:32 AM

i also fly regular in my dreams…..im also on the run. hiding alot. making my way cross country. ive even dreamt about hiding on trains from german soldiers ……ive been imprisoned in my dreams and escaped. swimming for freedom. i have had many fights in my dreams….i feel an affinity with military equipment . i cannot stand being indoors and im happiest in woodlands. …. i have a harley davidson and whilst riding it, i feel like im flying like in the dreams. im weary of evil people. i can instantly tell if someone is genuine or false. i feel ive been here before many times. and mixed with rogues thieves and bad people. but not been a bad person……… i have had many preminitions. and also seen and felt past spirits…….. used to be visited as a child by an old lady in the night. she was kind, and guided me to and from toilet. she was always on the landing……..i love old people and cats. i feel cats are reincarnations. all of them.i identified with all 11 of these explanations.

• Derek Wilson

February 2, 2017 at 11:28 PM

I can relate to most of your dream experiences..Especially flying and fighting,when I fly I flap my arms like I am trying to get higher away from everything.When I fight I am brutal.Not long ago I murdered someone by continuing to stamp on their head.Then I felt full of dread when I realised what I had done.The dream process could possibly be the thought process in reverse.Take some time to consider that. Don’t dismiss it outright. It would make sense.This is why we have thoughts awake then convoluted dreams with thoughts from the day before intertwined.The more you consider this over time,the more it will seem plausible.

5. Michele Holmes

February 2, 2017 at 2:05 AM

I’ve had a recurring dream since I was a small child that I was on board the Titanic and I was not a survivor. I can feel the ship leaning, hear the panicked screams of other passengers and feel the icy cold water. I guess that would explain my fear of water in this life.

6. Go Dass

February 2, 2017 at 4:37 AM

You are the Soul, not that “Your soul”. It’s completely wrong to think that you are the body, and you have a soul, but instead you are The Self(Soul) having different material bodies in every lifetime.

7. Nik

February 2, 2017 at 1:04 PM

Since early young age I have dreams about ancient cityes,armys,people,battles…Im 40 anf still can not shake off the feeling that this is not the place to be,its not my home,especialy that I dont belong here.Dejavus are brief but constant,about happenings,sometimes truoble…When feelings matter,compassion and the need to help the weak are monumentaly strong(maby thats why Im 21 years a policeofficer).Also a veteran,and numerous times I had premonitions and hours or days before that,my intuition worked thru my stomack or teeth like a warrning red light(the bigger the pain,biger the trouble).I have much more to write about,dont have much time to.Dont know if it means something but logic works for me like a charm,especialy in matters of state…This world offers and can do and be so much more than we people make and destroy it.It will blow back one day.Straight in the face.

8. Tracy

February 3, 2017 at 2:20 AM

When I visited Florence, Italy right after college, I had the most incredible synchronicities. I walked out of the train station, and felt as though I had been there before, like my eyes had seen this beautiful city, but it was my first time there. I walked around and just knew what was around the corner, and it freaked me out! I ran into friends I had just met during my month long trip through Europe,( and left in other countries) and ended up staying for 3 months with friends from my tiny island in the Caribbean
    when I had no idea beforehand they were even there. It changed my life, knowing that there is so much more to us than what our 5 or even 6 senses show, and I am forever blessed for the experience.

9. Judy

February 3, 2017 at 5:22 AM

I was born with the memory of picking out my family. Observing and having to decide if this was to be my family. The first years of my life maybe 6. I had nightmares of a bridge going under the water like it collaver it.Super I have always felt like the Earth was not my home. When I was really young I had a lot of experiences. And I got the ide. Rather The feeling the information came to me about things I shouldn’t have known about. I didn’t hear voices but it was like someone put the thought there. Nothing ever evil. But I was six I got aFeeling that I was supposed to tell my dad to put some money on National Biscuit. I didn’t know what that meant so I never told him. When I was older I realized that the message was telling me for my dad to invest in Nashville Biscuit. National Biscuit was Nabisco. A lot of things I kept to myself because my mom was diagnosed as a schizophrenic and I didn’t want anyone to think I was. And I didn’t talk to anyone about this information I somehow gathered about all kinds of things.

• Angela Denzer

June 19, 2017 at 10:54 AM

When I was only 2 years old I was terrified of driving next to the river and I remember my Aunt asking me why and telling her that my daddy drove us into the river and we couldn’t swim out,I would also sleep walk looking for my mom crying even when she tried consoling me. I use to stare at the skin on my arm in amazement feeling like I was disconnected to myself. I started having out of body experiences as a child flying up and down the stairs laughing then again at 27 when I attempted to wake up for work I saw myself lying on the bed and it took 3 try’s before I actually got out up. I also receive information through feeling and knowing things,I was raised Baptist but I have had spiritual beliefs and knowledge as long as I can remember, I have always been different than all my siblings ,I was sensitive and I would take the blame for them so they wouldn’t be punished,I
      feel deeply when anyone is hurting or in need always believing in people.

10. Deborah Bridge

June 18, 2017 at 6:17 PM

Funny that although this is an article about soul, dreams are attributed to the “mind” in #1. “dreams may sometimes signify trauma, fear or issues that your brain is trying to process”.