Harvard Neurosurgeon Confirms The Afterlife Exists

Amazon

Do we have a soul? Is there life after death? The afterlife is something that has been experienced by countless people since recorded history who have returned to tell their tales, with the most noteworthy account experienced first-hand by Harvard trained brain neurosurgeon of 25 years, Dr. Eben Alexander. This is not just another afterlife account that can be written off as a hallucination. Before we look at exactly how his experience of the afterlife defies all scientific explanation, lets explore his account a little bit.

Before his experience, he did not believe existence of a non-physical spirit. Trained in western medical school and surrounded by medical colleagues who are deeply invested in the materialism view of the universe, he thought that the idea of a soul was outlandish. Like most “skeptics”, he believed stories of the afterlife to be hallucinations or products of the human imagination.

Dr. Alexander changed his mind after he was in a coma for seven days caused by severe bacterial meningitis. During his coma he experienced a vivid journey into what he knew to be the afterlife, visiting both heavenly and not so heavenly realms.

After returning to his body and experiencing a miraculous healing against all odds, and went on to write the NY Times #1 best selling book “Proof of Heaven.” What Dr. Alexander confirms is that our life here is just a test help our souls evolve and grow, and that the way we succeed in doing so is to proceed with love and compassion. Here are just a few other notable points he made:

– The experience of the afterlife was so “real” and expansive that the experience of living as a human on Earth seemed like an artificial dream by comparison.

The fabric of the afterlife was pure LOVE. Love dominated the afterlife to such a huge degree that the overall presence of evil was infinitesimally small. If you wish to know the Universe, know Love.

– In the afterlife, all communication was telepathic. There was no need for spoken words, nor even any separation between the self and everything else happening around you. All the questions you asked in your mind were immediately answered to you telepathically as well.

When asked what he wants everyone to know about the spiritual realm, he always answers saying that you are precious and infinitely loved more than you can possibly imagine. You are always safe. You are never alone. The unconditional and perfect Love of God neglects not one soul.

“Love is, without a doubt, the basis of everything. Not some abstract, hard-to-fathom kind of love but the day-to-day kind that everyone knows-the kind of love we feel when we look at our spouse and our children, or even our animals. In its purest and most powerful form, this love is not jealous or selfish, but unconditional.

This is the reality of realities, the incomprehensibly glorious truth of truths that lives and breathes at the core of everything that exists or will ever exist, and no remotely accurate understanding of who and what we are can be achieved by anyone who does not know it, and embody it in all of their actions.”

Now let’s talk credibility for a minute. What makes this experience so much more significant than another NDE account? Eben’s neocortex was completely nonfunctional during the time of his coma do to his severe bacterial meningitis, so there is no scientific account for why he experienced this. In fact, he gives refutations to 9 different possible scientific explanations for his experience in his book.

Here is an interview/feature he did with ABC News about his condition and his experience:

Originally written by Steven Bancarz and published on Spirit Science and Metaphysics

1. Robert Bennie

April 26, 2016 at 4:05 PM

“Sickness will surely take the mind where minds won’t usually go, along the amazing journey to learn all you should know.” – from the rock opera Tommy. I believe this man believes his experience and probably no longer holds an irrational fear of death. The release from that fear is one of the many positive results of this type of encounter with the possibility/probability of forces beyond the physical realm. I myself have had experiential occurrences over time which freed me from fear of death and by extension from other negative forces in our earthbound forms. I do not draw conclusions I wish to assume others will accept as ‘gospel’. I just tell my stories and move on. I have felt similar feelings and have a thought to share. There’s more to come.

2. gary ewald

April 27, 2016 at 10:23 AM

I see nothing new here

3. Steven Bula.

April 28, 2016 at 11:08 AM

I would like to share a similar after life experience i had about over 20 years ago.Something i kept silent about until i came over to Australia and i had a lot of excess to the internet, when i browsed a story on youtube about Christine.a German school teacher who was on her way to work when her car got into a fatal accident that left her in a coma.However, Christine survived all odds to live and tell the tale.I am asking if anyone could assist me to get this story across the world.This will shed light on the tremendous feeling of truthful love and beautiful clean air, and the pastures is so clean and fresh and life there is vivid and seems to go on forever.My body feel so light and I never felt anymore pain. I just wanted to remain there forever and don`t come back to this world.I was guided back in to this brightest tunnel full of energy by some strange who told me it was not my time yet. What i become after coming back to this world is something different. i could understand better and i have a lot of wisdom. Something i never had before going through that experience.Believe me there is a God of a powerful love in that dimension i came from in that experience, and all good people who share a good and honest life on this earth will go there when they die. I was not that good person but there was something in my heart that cried out for mercy and i believe that i was given a second chance in life to prove my worthiness.After listening to the neurosurgeon Doctor`s encounter i am compelled without fear to admit this realism of after-death experience.People may think we are crazy but believe me the message to me and to you is to correct your life and fill it with unselfish love towards others.Love thy God with all thy heart and when you have this experience you will wish not come back to this materialistic world.

4. SU PATTERSON

April 30, 2016 at 12:24 AM

FANTASTIC

5. Dorothy

May 2, 2016 at 2:02 AM

Dr Eben Alexander’s book was a beautifully written book and interesting from start to finish. I loved it.

6. David Hughes

June 11, 2016 at 7:47 PM

I ᖴEᒪT TᕼE ᔕᗩᗰE ᒪOᐯE. I ᗯᗩᔕ ᔕᗩᐯEᗪ ᗷᑌY GOᗪ. KᑎOᗯ OᑎE ᑕᗩᑎ TᗩKE TᕼᗩT ᗩ ᗯᗩY ᖴᖇOᗰ ᗰE. ᒍᑌᔕT KᑎOᗯ TᕼEᖇE ᖇEᗩᒪᒪY Iᔕ ᗩ ᕼEᗩᐯEᑎ ᗩᑎᗪ ᕼEᒪᒪ. ᗩᑎᗪ TᕼᗩT TᕼEᖇE are no shadows in heaven. The love I felt I can’t describe. You have to feel it to know what it’s all about. I would not be writing this now had I not been saved. I felt weightless and so loved. I didn’t have a body and the love was in me. It’s the most amazing feeling I have ever felt. There is nothing here in this life that compairs to what I felt. When a mother loves her kids it more of a reaction then a feeling. What I felt was pure love every part of my soul

7. Charles maxwell

September 9, 2016 at 10:52 PM

I had a similar experience I was shot in the back of the head with a .45 caliber pistol some body broke into my apartment and tried to rob me after I came to I had expierenced an out of body expierence and there was a being who communicated with me simultaneously I guess telepathicly with my thoughts and although this might sound crazy told me that gods most powerful weapon was love. I was in the hospital for 3 days they put staples in my head to close the wound and I fully recovered with in a month. I have never really talked about it or mentioned it much less found a similar expierence until I read this article

8. Vincent

October 14, 2016 at 1:53 AM

Was there a perception of hellish existence for the afterlife – or was it just love for all?