Living for a century will surely teach us a thing or two!
Andy Anderson is 100 years old and his life story is one for a movie. He is a father of 3 children (1 adopted son) and is surely known for the great parties in the county.
Without college, Andy worked his way to the top. He was a corporate manager of the dairy department of Safeway for the entire country. He earned the nickname Mr. Cheese, which eventually turned into Grandpa Cheese among his family.
Here’s what he has learned in his 100 years:
1. Always maintain a good sense of humor.
2. Never be too good to start at the bottom.
3. Exercise every single day, even when you don’t feel like it.
4. Don’t spend more money than you make.
5. Drink orange juice every day.
6. Love at first sight is not a fable.
7. Having a bad job is better than having no job at all.
8. Eat around the mold; don’t go wasting food.
9. Your family is the most precious thing you will ever have in life.
10. Eat sausage every day — it worked for me.
11. Your life is delicate, and if you neglect yourself, you’ll spoil. That’s what cheese taught me.
12. Don’t ever be afraid to be your true self.
13. Everyone has too many clothes. Wear what you have and quit buying more.
14. You must be able to forgive, even if it’s difficult to do.
15. Save your money now and spend it later.
16. Love is not always easy; sometimes you have to work at it.
17. Find something comical in every single situation.
18. If you’re faced with a problem, don’t delay trying to figure it out. But if there’s no way to figure it out, you have to forget about it.
19. Make sure you’re doing what you love; don’t be afraid to follow those dreams you have for yourself.
20. Education is important, but not necessary. Life can be an education in itself.
21. Explore your world and stay curious.
22. Try not to take yourself so seriously.
23. My full name is William Bradford James Anderson, and my initials always remind me to ask myself, “Why be just anybody?”
24. Have common sense. Think about the most reasonable answer to every situation. If you don’t have common sense, you’re a bust.
25. Life is a gift that you must unwrap. It’s up to you to determine if what’s inside will lead you to happiness or dismay. You have the power to make that decision for yourself.
If you’re wondering what Grandpa Cheese is up to these days, he’s riding his motorized scooter around Benicia, CA, and “planning on what I’m going to do when I start to get old,” he says.
Source used: Pop Sugar
Become a VIP member now and start FREE Trial. The VIP Content will shift your life 180 degrees almost instantly!
You’ll be able to read the best articles online from self-help coaches around the world, access life-changing courses and if you join now, you'll get the 7 Days Personalized Transformation Challenge straight to your mailbox! If you don’t want to be happier, fulfilled, and wealthy in every sphere of your life the VIP membership is not for you!