SELF-IMPROVEMENT

Heyoka: The Most Powerful Type of Empath

“The opposite of anger is not calmness, its empathy.” – Mehmet Oz

Empathy is a highly prized virtue. It’s the ability to understand and feel the experiences of other people through their perspectives. Being an empath means you can understand and relate to other people’s feelings. It also means that you are affected by their energies and can understand what they are feeling. Intuition is a pre requisite for empathy. Empathy is an innate and intuitive quality not all people possess. Being an empath is much more than just being sensitive towards others. An empath feels the spiritual urges and physical sensitiveness of other people and are often capable of determining people’s motivations and intentions.

You were either born an empath or weren’t.

Many empaths are so sensitive that they can physically feel the pain of other people. They can experience the symptoms of other people’s illness and high emotions. You may also be subjected to chronic fatigue, or pains and aches which may go unexplained. It is a commonly misunderstood gift which is why most empaths are labelled as hypochondriacs owing to the frequency at which they keep falling ill.

Empaths are difficult to understand or relate to. They are extraordinarily capable of peering into people’s thoughts to analyze the intentions behind their actions, and share their feelings. Their ability to read body language and feel emotions give them the power to understand what the other person is going through.

Read Also: If You Experience These 7 Signs You Are Highly Intuitive Empath Sensitive To Energy…

The Most Powerful Empath

Empaths have different levels, the highest and most valued of which is known as ‘Heyoka’.

Heyoka is a Native American word meaning “a sacred clown” or “fool”. The term is used to refer to those who are emotional mirrors to the ones around them. Heyokas show other people their faults and weaknesses while at the same time providing them ways to overcome them.

Most Heyokas are born Dyslexic (thinking backwards) or breech (coming into the world backwards). A similar trait among most Heyokas is appearing younger than their actual age.

Heyokas often receive backlashes for their gifts. But these aren’t inherently bad. The backlashes aim at something good always. Their intentions are never bad. Their basic motive is to help the people around them. If you feel angry or unhappy after leaving a Heyoka chances are they were highlighting those qualities in you. On the contrary, if you feel immensely loved and a sense of acceptance after visiting a Heyoka it may indicate that they wanted you to love and accept yourself for who you are.

Through the mirroring of the Heyokas you may discover and begin to appreciate a part of yourself that you never knew existed.

It may seem easy to run away from the entire experience or completely disregard it but Heyokas only aim at helping you overcome your weaknesses and problems. Heyokas are there to guide you in your journey. They feel both the joy and the pain that you’re feeling. Arriving to a Heyoka with an open mind and heart is the best way to gain from the experience. Do not be upset at the reflections. Instead use them to build yourself more positively.

A Heyoka is beyond general wisdom and its energies are high and firm. If you’ve been feeling a little off lately or if you aren’t sure of what and why you are feeling they may know what would help you overcome it and heal even when you aren’t sure of it yourself. Embrace the gift you’ve been given by them and use it to help you grow.

Read After: 4 Super Powers Of The Highly Empathic Person

1. Anon

June 11, 2017 at 11:28 AM

Please fix the typo:
    It’s “Sacred Clown” or “Sacred Fool”
    not
    scared clown.

• Nikola

June 12, 2017 at 9:16 AM

Thank’s for the heads up!

2. Diana

June 11, 2017 at 10:46 PM

Wow, I know I’m an Empath, but what I didn’t know is that they’re usually Dyslexic which I’m plus being a Scorpio helps too. I wouldn’t say I’m even close to being an Heyoka, it always surprises me when I know something and it turns out that I was right. I just wish I could figure out my daughter, she seems to be angry about something, but denies it, I guess I’m too close to her.

• Amy

June 12, 2017 at 3:05 AM

I do too, get surprised after I get something right on target. It is exhausting to me when I get overwhelmed by all the feelings I feel in a day.

Later,
      Amy

• Linda Bogert

June 13, 2017 at 3:40 AM

I can truly relate to this! In one moment it’s a blessing the next moment somewhat of a burden, it’s very difficult to control ! Over whelming at times in public but all I can do is ground myself and do self meditation !! LOVE, LIGHT & PEACE all

3. Drea

June 13, 2017 at 9:10 AM

There is a movie called The Shamers Daughter. Also a book called Innocence by Dean Koontz. No point telling people not to mind someone whose eye contact tells you they can see all your dirty secrets. Better to tell those with what the Book of Ezekiel describes as “watchmen”, how to mask their ability when they need to stay safe.

4. Lexy

June 13, 2017 at 10:01 AM

Well that explains why I can’t read worth shit.

5. L.Diane Richardson

July 7, 2017 at 4:54 AM

Not sure about being born reading backwards. I speak backwards and I am veey much an empath,since birth.
    Also yes anyone can become one, its just pike any other muscle; work it out often enough and it will become stronger.

6. Aileen Ross

August 4, 2017 at 6:59 AM

Scorpios are natural emotion and intention detectors. But like any other their abilities are reduced when they are emotionally connected to someone on a deeper level. I’d recommend you practice being objective when it comes to your daughter and ask her questions without a ‘why’ in there, you will figure out things quickly enough.

7. Connie Weatherby

August 10, 2017 at 7:06 PM

I have always felt the pain and joy of others. I’ve also been spot on in “reading” another person’s emotions and their real intentions. I am very often misunderstood. Some people go away angry and I’m puzzled by that. I must remember not to take it for granted that there are people who are not empathic. I question whether it’s a gift or a curse. I am Leo. How does that even play a part? I’m not easily fooled because I seem to always be on high alert. And, I do agree, it is exhausting sometimes.

8. TM Lloyd

August 11, 2017 at 4:07 PM

I’m like you Connie. I didn’t used to be “empathetic” when I was a kid, quite the opposite. Or if I was I used it to my advantage, I was quite the trouble maker. But after having my first kid things changed with me. As the years have gone by its gotten evident I can read people pretty good, when I want to. I didn’t read my ex very well but love will blind you to the reality of things.

I’m a strong Leo that my older sister says is very protective of my loved ones. Which is true and because of what we all went through with my ex I just assumed my hyper alertness was due to that. So maybe not. I mean the whole “hypochondriac” thing is how drs looked at me for years. Then after all the stress and migraine suffering I’ve endured these years, I actually ended up with an actual condition of my stomach.

I don’t know about being a Heyoka, but my energies are definitely strong. I affect most around me and especially my kids who live with me. I know that there have been times when I have felt emotionally drained when being around certain people that I get a bad vibe from. But I just figured it was me “putting on airs” to not show how I really feel about them.

I’d actually like to know what kind of an empath I am. My aura is the royal purple, for the mind, and blue, I forget what that one’s for and I’m a healer, but my aura isn’t green. So I have a lot of questions but don’t know who to ask and don’t have the money to go back to the place that read my aura. The yoga shop was run by this Korean who, after reading my aura, gave me a hug because as he put it, “hadn’t come across many like me and love how I am”. I never considered myself very special or unique but he made me think that maybe there was something different, I always knew there was but never viewed it positively, about me that could help others.

That’s all, sorry so long.

9. DegreeHolder

August 12, 2017 at 4:28 PM

Look up emotional contagion guys

10. jacqueline

August 20, 2017 at 6:49 AM

These people are the Reflectors of the human design! I can attest to it! Very precise in how we work! Fantastic article

11. Michael

November 7, 2017 at 6:34 AM

I’m typically not one to be very comfortable sharing such personal information in a forum like this, but I’m inspired by the vulnerability displayed and honesty of everyone’s comments. I’ve been on a pretty serious spiritual journey for about 2 years and I’ve learned so much about this type of individual. For starters, I’m a Scorpio and naturally very empathic. I used to practice Reiki and helping others is my purpose without a doubt. I’m more of an emotionally receptive person and very sensitive to energy and vibrations. I feel like the main thing to share is that it doesn’t have to be a burden anytime. But, it does take a bit to be able to know how to properly manage and gauge the level of sensitivity you reveal in a particular situation. Just like most things, experience is the best teacher and truly honest self awareness makes a world of difference. We’re all blessed in our own way and one of my strengths is emotional and situational intelligence. The spiritual work I’ve done has been so helpful in developing my ability to sense how to approach different situations wisely and comfortably for myself and others. I’m extremely grateful to be able to help others on whatever journey they’re on and it’s extremely rewarding. I guess my main point is to be open to the gifts you have and to know that it doesn’t have to be a difficult thing to deal with and putting in the work to be able to instinctively protect your energy is well worth it and fulfilling. I wish you all the best and always know that you are very blessed to be an empath.

12. Billie LeTourneau

January 21, 2018 at 3:52 AM

I can relate to this all too well. I was Dyslexic in school, I would write letters and words backwards growing up. It does not happen much now but it did happen when I was younger. I am a Leo. My ability as an Empath is growing as I am getting older. It is both a gift and a curse to me, so I do have mixed feelings about it. I also receive empathic feelings from animals. Very strongly from cats and dogs, even birds. It is overwhelming sometimes. The only relief or distraction that I get from my empathic ability is when I sleep, dance or listen to music. I do need to escape it sometimes. It comes right back though, full on, full speed ahead.