Do I love you? My god, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches” – William Goldman, The Princess Bride
Love is one of the most powerful and purest emotion. The unpredictability of it adds to the aura as we can never decide whom we fall in love with and when. The ‘how’ is obscure too. We can’t really put our finger on a list of specifics when it comes to a person we love…
However, over the years there have emerged some tiny and almost always understated traits which incite a warm feeling in the person in front.
Here we discuss 15 of these tiny details about people which you could fall in love with:
1. The sense of home: home is where you feel comfortable and safe. A person you love will have the energy and aura that makes you feel the same around them.
2. Nostalgia: The stories they tell you about their childhood or the things close to their hearts.
3. Their love for their parents: The love and respect a person shows for his/her parents shows a lot about their good moral structure.
4. Their acts of kindness: When a person is genuinely kind to others without caring if they are being observed or not.
5. The comfortable silences: Talking isn’t a necessity with them. You both could be quiet and still enjoy each other’s company in silence.
6. Their catchphrases or even simply the way they talk: The endearing mannerisms of their speech rub off on you real quick, with you picking it up unknowingly.
7. The food love: The various cuisines/foods they have introduced you to have grown to become an integral part of your lifestyle.
8. The understanding you share: The way they simply get you without you trying hard.
9. They remember your favorites: Whether it is your favorite drink or your favorite show, they remember it all. They are a treasure trove of your trivia.
10. They never exhaust you: No matter how busy the day was, you are never tired around them. Their energy elevates yours.
11. Good advice: Their advices are always helpful and are made keeping your best interests in mind. You always benefit by their views.
12. Their passion for their work: Or even little topics they love, their passion about their work is a sight to behold.
13. Your shared songs: There are songs close to both of you which have become your specials, and they will always remain so owing to how they remind you of them and your love.
14. Their voice in your head: You always read their texts with their voice speaking it out in your head. It is not a conscious action; it has simply become a part of you.
15. Their excitement around their friends: Their silliness and sheer happiness around old friends shows you a different and much loved side of them.
These are just a few of the many little things which make you fall more in love with your significant other.
You could always add a few of your own unique observations, and be sure that your love has some of their own too about you.
But always keep in mind what Bob Marley once said: If she’s amazing, she won’t be easy. If she’s easy she won’t be amazing. If she’s worth it, you won’t give up. If you give up, you’re not worthy. […] Truth is everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.”
The 3 Best books on Love and Relationships You Must Read:
- The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts
- Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
- Getting the Love You Want: A Guide for Couples