Jin Shin Jyutsu is an art of releasing tensions that develop in our body with time which can cause various illnesses. Our bodies contain several energy pathways through which energy flows in our body cells. If these paths become blocked, it could lead to discomfort or pain.
Such blockages not only disrupt the affected area, they tend to disharmonize all the energy pathways. Quite similar to what we know about chakras.
Jin Shin Jyutsu helps in the awakening of our awareness. With this new-found awareness we can harmonize and balance ourselves physically, mentally and spiritually. It is quite similar to the style of acupressure.
It works with a set of 26 points, known as Safety Energy Locks or SEL, along energy pathways. These 26 Energy Locks are the locations in the body where energy tends to become stuck or fixed.
Jin Shin Jyutsu is known to be an ancient healing practice. Master Jiro Murai, a Japanese healer and philosopher, rediscovered it in the early 20th century.
A Jin Shin Jyutsu practitioner uses both hands, which are referred to as “jumper cables”, to hold a combination of SELs. It is a simple and gentle process which requires minimum effort from the practitioner. As the SELs release the pent up energy, balance is restored and the person experiences physical, mental, and spiritual harmony.
There are many energy pathways that run through the fingers. If we begin to harmonize the SELs in our fingers, we can harmonize the energy flowing through our body. You just have to hold a finger on the left or right hand with the opposite hand. It instantly makes one feel more relaxed.
You can follow these instructions to gain a better idea of this hand exercise. Just remember that the more often you practice it, the better will be the results.
– Hold your Thumb for a few minutes with your other hand to eliminate worry and depression. It is also beneficial for digestion, stress, tension in head, shoulders and lungs.
– Hold your Index finger to eliminate fear and self-criticism. It is also beneficial for your jaw, teeth, gums, constipation/digestion, bursitis/tennis elbow, backaches.
– Hold your Middle finger to eliminate anger and irritability. It is also beneficial for general fatigue, vision, nursing mothers, headache in front of head and indecision.
– Hold your Ring finger to eliminate sadness and grief. It is also beneficial for respiratory problems like asthma, skin conditions, ringing in the ear, excessive mucus and negative attitude.
– Hold your Little finger to eliminate anxiety. It is also beneficial for heart conditions and severe bloating.
Some general benefits of practicing Jin Shin Jyutsu are:
– Promoting pain relief
– Induces relaxation
– Enhances sleep
– Decreases anxiety
– Reduces the effects of stress
– Increases blood circulation
– Improves concentration
– Enhances the immune system
– Reduces fatigue
– Promotes regeneration
– Improves skin condition and Detoxifies
According to a study done at the Markey Cancer Center, patients who underwent this kind of therapy were able to note positive benefits, including reduced stress and nausea, and less restlessness.
Thus, it is highly recommended to practice this simple exercise so that you can lead a healthier life.