“The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That’s what I hope to give you forever.”
We are all looking for “the one” at some point in our lives and not mincing words, it is a tough job. Sometimes you meet the wrong people at the right time or the right people at the wrong time.
But do we give up? No, we definitely don’t.
Falling for and being with someone you love is one of the most wholesome experiences in life and is definitely worth every trial and tribulation that comes your way.
This soulmate/twin flame or whatever label you wish to put, will make their presence felt once you meet them. There can be no mistake… there will be hard times with no doubt, but when you meet the one, and it feels like he/she is the one since the very beginning, you just know you have found them.
This list will help you recognise them when the time comes.
Here’s a list of 23 tell-tale signs that say you have found the one you were looking for all your life:
1. Their presence will be the natural Prozac you needed to soothe all your pains. Just them being around will put a smile on your face.
2. They help you move forward. At the same time, they remind you of the bright past you… the child you were naive to behold before life and its circumstances messed things up. They remind you of THE you that you were proud of and happy to be.
3. You are blunt and honest around them. It’s like there is no pretence anymore.
4. There is nothing called “too much information” between you two. There is just unfolding and revealing of natural selves, mutually.
5. Helping them out with their endeavors doesn’t seem like a chore; you are more than happy to help.
6. They enable and encourage your sense of humour which might be a tinge too dark for the rest of the crowd.
7. They laugh at the worst of your jokes, just to see you happy.
8. As a result, your sense of humour becomes more “you”. You become more of yourself.
9. Despite never making plans to hang out or go out, you inevitably end up in each other’s company most of the time.
10. No matter what you do when you are together, it’s time well spent.
11. The number of shared interests is just unbelievable.
12. Despite knowing them for a relatively short period of time, there is familiarity. Their presence is like the old warm and fuzzy blanket you have been wrapping yourself in since you were a kid.
13. None of you can get away with lying to each other.
14. You treat each other’s biggest dreams and ambitions with utmost seriousness and help each other out whenever you need to and can.
15. Their existence has had a general uplifting and positive effect on your life and you measure it in the number of negative habits you quit since they arrived.
16. There is shared sadness and shared mirth.
17. They are curious about things you don’t share with people normally; things no one else has even bothered to ask about. They really want to know you better to be better partners.
18. Phone calls feel like a good night’s sleep at the end of a tiring day.
19. They bring a certain degree of lucidity in you; you can figure parts out better than usual and become a better person as you see clearly what you are doing wrong in life.
20. Uncanny coincidences you shared with them are so many that you have lost count. Not that they have lost the meaning they hold.
21. They are not quick to judge you like every other peer. They reserve their judgement when you disagree and instead make you realize if things can be improved and a middle ground can be reached. When you make a mistake, you don’t have to explain it to them; they just know.
22. They won’t hesitate to kick you (literally if needed) when you don’t have your life under control.
23. Even at your worst, you are the best to them. Their very presence gives you confidence in yourself.