People on the internet are getting crazy over this brain-teaser which you can try at home. You only need toothpicks and a well-prepared brain!
He arranged 12 toothpicks on the table like this:
The objective of the brain-teaser is to turn the above into three perfect squares using exactly three moves. Here are the technicalities:
- One move classifies as moving one toothpick in any manner.
- A perfect square is one in which all four corners are closed (i.e. the toothpicks are touching).
- You cannot break or otherwise modify a toothpick.
- You cannot put two toothpicks right next to each other and count that as one side.
- You must use exactly three moves as mentioned above. No less, no more.
- All three squares must be of the same size.
- Every toothpick must be part of a square.
Ready, set, go!
(The answer is below, but don’t be too lazy!)
That’s it! Was it easy? Or you directly jumped to the answer section? Be honest!